Monday, October 19, 2009

By George, We Found One!


We have found a rental house in our desired neighborhood, Park Hill. Let me tell ya, there isn't much out there to find right now. It's a cute 2 bedroom, 1 bath, hardwood floors, formal dining room, nice backyard and in our price range where we can start saving money for our future down payment! The guy we are going to rent from is super nice and laid back. He is really cool with us updating the place and cool with us having dogs. He also mentioned that maybe sometime down the line if we wanted, we could do a lease to purchase type thing. Not a bad find! I can't wait to post pictures on here for you guys! I totally plan on going in there and painting and redoing a lot. There is wallpaper in the dining room that I want to take down and wallpaper border in the living room (which is HUGE by the way and has a gas log fireplace). The kitchen will need some improvements, but nothing we can't handle now that Brent is a pro with the peel and stick tile! Since we plan on being there awhile, I don't mind fixing up the place to make it more "us". He also mentioned to us that he is having the outside repainted and new custom shutters put up! Whoo Hoo! I can't wait! Although, it is kind of sad to leave our first home. To be honest, we haven't had a lot of good memories in that house. So, I'm looking forward to starting fresh in a new house, new town and a new outlook on life in general. I've been in a much better mood today than I have been in a long time. For once, something has gone right for us! I hope it stays that way.

1 comment: