Sunday, June 28, 2009

Manic Sunday/Monday

Another trip to the dump was made on Saturday. Brent's Dad and Grandpa came over early Saturday morning and loaded up a bunch more crap for us. I think one more trip will do it. We also worked in the yard again today. I think I got the flower beds all cleared out so I can plant some new flowers there and add the mulch. The yard is looking much better. I have discovered that we have some more baby birds in the same spot and Brent found some baby tree frogs on our roof today! I guess our house is where all the animals in Greenwood go to give birth. I'm glad to have them. I have another day off tomorrow, so I plan to go and get some flowers and get that done.

I didn't get my painting done this weekend, of course, but I did manage to get a lot of the cabinets done. We borrowed Ashley's paint sprayer and started on the doors tonight. The paint sprayer makes this a million times faster and they look better too. My goal is to have them completely done by the time I go back to work on Tuesday, but we'll see. We also went to Lowes over the weekend and found the knobs and hardware we are planning to put on them. We also found a ceiling fan we like, finally! It's brushed nickel and the blades are black which will look very nice in the living room AND it's only $99.00. Can't beat that price. We also found a cool light fixture for the dining room. It's simple and contemporary and it's only $30.00! We looked around and decided we weren't big on the whole chandalier thing and came across this one.


I have a lot to get done tomorrow, so I'm going to go and watch the boob tube for awhile and then call it a night. I sure wish I had my camera so I could take pictures. You know, my birthday is coming up in September (thought I would let everyone know in advance) maybe I'll get one then... Or I could get my pink beach cruiser that I have been wanting for too many years...

No comments:

Post a Comment