Saturday, July 18, 2009

Candle Holder, Tacky Candles and Bird Cage Oh My!

I made it to the antique store today and my candle holder was still there! I paid only $14.50 and it included these ugly candles! I do plan on painting it, but I'm not sure sure yet what color. I would like for it to look kind of antique white or something, but we'll see. I'll just have to go to Home Depot and check out what they have.

We also went by that used furniture & home decor store across from Ramsey Jr. High. It is awesome! A little pricey, but it looks like good quality stuff. A lot of older vintage type furniture and home decor, but everything looked like it was in great condition. She had a really cool black distressed rocking chair out front and this cool white bird cage with a price tag of like $125! I had been driving by this store for a week now eyeing that bird cage and dreaming of buying it, but not for $125. She has to be smoking something. She told me that she puts new stuff out every week. I can't wait to go back!
We found another FSBO home today, but it's out of our price range. We are still going to look at it tomorrow since Brent already made an appointment. Wouldn't want to not show up or anything! It's in the Hillcrest neighborhood, which is right by the Park Hill neighborhood. The homes in Hillcrest are just as cute as the homes in Park Hill, but are a bit more pricey because it's Hillcrest. The couple selling this one has just recently purchased another house and has priced this house to sell fast. It's 3 bedroom, 1 bath, I think Brent said it's like 1600 sq.ft., new everything. They said they bought it 4 years ago and completely gutted it and replaced everything. They are also installing new windows, which they have ordered now. They are asking $139,000, which isn't bad at all for that neighborhood. That house will go fast if it's in half the condition they claim it is. We were told we could go up to $140,000 in price, but we talked about it and I don't think we want to pay that much monthly. Plus, my heart belongs on South N.

No comments:

Post a Comment