Sunday, July 19, 2009

DIY IDEAS - SILHOUTTE ART

Last night we went by Books A Million and I was looking through the magazines. I'm sure you have all seen the DIY magazine, after flipping through it for awhile and deciding not to spend the $4.99 price it had on it, I decided to check out their website today. I came across this idea for cheap art! Not too bad. I'm not sure about you, but I am always looking for a cheap alternative for things to hang on my walls. I thought this would be something I might try. Who knows, it might turn out just like these! HA!

If you are interested, here are the steps I got from the website. Speaking of websites, check it out, there are some interesting things on there- diyideas.com

Create your own dramatic shadow art with black art paper and mat board. Here’s how:
Click on the illustrations and each will appear in its own window. Print, and use a photocopier to enlarge the illustrations to the desired size. Tape the image to heavy black art paper and use a crafts knife to cut through both layers, protecting your work surface with a self-healing mat. Use spray adhesive to adhere the silhouette to white mat board, then frame the finished piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment