Thursday, September 3, 2009

as promised...

Welcome Back! I thought I would share with you my day. It all started at 1am with our alarm system blaring! I jump out of bed confused because we no longer use the alarm and we haven't in some time. As a matter of fact, I disconnected the thing. I mean I literally pulled the wires out of the box one day. This alarm system has a bad habit of just going off whenever the hell it feels like it, so I thought when I disconnected it, that would solve that problem. Boy was I wrong. So anyway, the alarm is going off at 1am. I get up and find that it is coming from another box located in the living room. I disconnect those wires...What? There is still blaring coming from somewhere else in the house. I mean it's blaring outside even. I think the people who lived here before us were a bit paranoid... So, Brent FINALLY gets up to see what the commotion is about. I'm freaking out, my dogs are barking and howling, the neighbor dogs are barking and howling, it's horrible. So he finds the other box and it's located in our attic. The attic is located out in our garage. It's not one of those nice attic where you can walk around in, oh no, you have to crawl around and be all careful and shit. So, he finds where the box is located and gets it disconnected. Right about the time I'm cheering! Yippee!! I can go back to sleep now, I hear a noise. It's not a real loud noise. I thought he tripped over something or hit something, whatever. I'm still talking to him and when he doesn't respond, I'm like "hello?" I then get a reply "I'm in the living room" HE FELL THROUGH THE CEILING INTO OUR LIVING ROOM!!! I swear! That really does happen. It's not just in the movies! I witnessed it. Luckily, he caught himself and landed pretty much on his feet. BUT he was holding the scissors he took up in the attic with him to kill the alarm with and ended up cutting his hand open with them. I ran back downstairs and blood was everywhere! I wish I would have taken a picture cause it was pretty bad. We immediately drove to the ER and he ended up with 7 stitches in his hand and his side is all scratched and bruised. We ended up back home at 4am! Exhausted, Brent heads to work and was sent home at 6am. So, here we here with a GIGANTIC whole in our ceiling. Nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment