Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Progress Part II

I thought I would share some pictures of our house updates with you. Let me know what you think. Like? Dislike? What I can do different????




Here is the master bathroom. AGAIN... my camera phone does not do any of this justice. I'm not saying it's an amazing transformation by any means, but it does look a bit better in person. We kept the original mirror and lighting fixture in this bathroom. All we did was paint (I don't remember the paint name, but it's from Behr and we got it at Home Depot)the walls and trim and hang up a new towel bar and toilet paper holder and we found some accessories to put in there. Oh yeah, we also updated the light switch covers in this room too. Everything else is the same. I'm not sure if we'll update the tile, but as of right now it's still the same ol' tile that was there when we moved in.




Here is another shot of the guest bathroom and the new floor. The floor in there looks soooo much better! I wish I could get a good picture of it. I'm really proud of the tile we put in this room. We had already painted this room previously, so we kept it the same. The light fixture was here when we moved in. It was the most modern thing these people owned. I know you can't see it in this picture, but trust me it looks good. We took down the giant square mirror and put up these new contemporary ones. We just added a few accessories and poof! You have a new guest bathroom minus window treatments (can't find any that I like and it's a weird set up)




I'm sure you are waiting to see the kitchen cabinets, aren't you? I thought so. The first two pictures are of them all spread out in the garage in the painting process aka Brent's job! We, I mean he used one of those paint sprayers and it went a lot faster than painting them by hand. We just touched them up with a brush once we got them inside.




Here is a couple of shots of the new knobs and hinges that we bought. The new hardware makes them look that much more contemporary...






Not all of them are up yet, we still have some that need to be painted (ran out of black paint), but it's nice to see everything take "shape" FINALLY! 2 years and I finally have some cabinet doors up! It kind of freaked me out the next morning walking through the kitchen half asleep!

We still have a few minor things to take care of, but I'm proud of us for hanging in there and getting the job(s) done! I felt like giving up so many times. I actually felt that way today! I am physically and emotionally drained from all of this. Even my dogs are worn out!


I wish it would sell so I can put this whole process behind me and start fresh.

We found out from my Realtor today that the people who have looked at our house a whopping 3 times, put an offer in on another house that was cheaper than ours. Oh well, what can you do right? Someone else will come along... I hope!

2 comments:

  1. All the work you have done looks awesome. You guys should be pros by now, come on over and help me do some projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It has been a long process, but we'll get there. What all are you doing to your house? I saw the paint samples on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete