Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Down Time

Since the Hubs and I are taking the night off from our updates, I thought I would take some time to share a few before and after pictures. We still have a lot to do, but so far so good.
Our Realtor showed the house for the 1st time today and apparently it went really well. They want to come back on Monday to see the remaining updates we plan on doing. Hopefully, we can get everything done by then!! Keep in mind I am still taking pictures with my cell phone, so they aren't that good.


The is one of the spare bedrooms that we never got around to painting until now. We use this room as the "dog room". We put their crates in there and just store stuff in there.

Here is the after. We didn't do much just paint it a neutral color. The paint color is called Harvest Brown by Behr, we also painted the trim as well. Removed all the stuff in the room except for my Mom's antique curio cabinet she gave me. I dyed the curtains to save money (they were here when we moved in) We tried to dye them a dark blue, but since they were already orange (seriously) they ended up a brown color. Not the color that I planned on, but they turned out okay. Plain and simple.


Here are some before shots of the kitchen floor and after we tore it up! It was a pain in the ass up until we bought this bad boy...

This made the whole process so much easier! Well, so I hear. This was really Brent's project. He did an awesome job on the tile. We just got the peel and stick kind, but we've ended up paying a crap load for it! Today is the first day since last Friday that we haven't been to Home Depot.


Here is the updated floor. Of course you can't tell how AWESOME it looks from these pictures, but seriously, it looks so good! We painted the walls a color called Wheat Bread from Behr and it just brightened the area right up! I will post some pictures of the kitchen walls and our bedroom later, hopefully tomorrow. Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment