Saturday, September 19, 2009

Progress

I have been cleaning pretty much ALL day. The Hubs had to work today (yeah overtime) so I got up early and hit an Estate Sale in Fort Smith. I didn't get anything, but I had a good time just looking. On my way back home I got a call from my Realtor saying we have another "looker" wanting to stop by today, so I had to hurry home and get started.

The ceiling is FINALLY fixed! and I am told whenever this "popcorn crap" dries, it will look good as new! It already looks a million times better than it did. It went from this...

To this...


I still have to repaint part of the wall, but at least there isn't a big gigantic hole in the ceiling anymore.

The guest bathroom floor is almost finished. The Hubs got a lot done last night, but ran out of tile. We are heading back to Lowe's today so we can get that finished.

The kitchen cabinets are our big project this weekend. Thankfully, the rain has held off over the last couple of days. I hope it continues to do so at least until we get them painted. We have made a tiny bit of progress on them...


Yeah, brushed nickel knobs! Those are the knobs we are going to put on all of the cabinet doors. We've even put them on the cabinet doors in both bathrooms. That way, they will match all of the light switch covers I replaced. Now all we have left to do is finish painting a few cabinets and put the doors back on. I will be so happy when they are finished. 2 year project will finally be done. Yippee!

I guess everyone in my neighborhood decided to get together and have yard sales. There are a million cars on my street alone, not to mention the other streets they are lined up on. All I have to say is they better be done by 3:30pm. I think that looks tacky regardless of whether or not I have anything to do with it. People parking in front of your house, walking through your yard = tacky. Come on people, walk in the street for gods sake!

I'm going to go and wait on the Hubs to get home. We are expecting the satellite people to come over today to hook up HD! That is all I've heard about from Brent over the past week. Geez...


No comments:

Post a Comment