Wednesday, August 26, 2009

DOWNSIZING

Since we are moving into the new house, eventually... I figured I would do some much needed downsizing. For one, we have very limited closet space in the new pad (the down side to Park Hill homes) so we are turning our TV Armoire into a wardrobe closet. I'm so excited about this project, and I can't wait to get started. Our TV Armoire is HUGE! It was one of the first big purchases we made many years ago and I absolutely love it. I don't think it will look good in the "den" area of the new place, especially since we bought our jumbo TV, so instead of selling it (I refused) or just storing it somewhere, we have decided to transform it to use as our closet in the master bedroom. It's big, beautiful and antique black. I will go more into this in another post.
We cleaned out our closet the other day and what we don't sell in the garage sale will be taken to the consignment shop. We both just have way too much crap everywhere. Well, those days are o-v-e-r!
So, right now I have this oscillating fan in our bedroom. I am one of those people that has to have a fan going when I sleep. Not only do I get extremely hot while I sleep, I also have to have the noise in the background. Well, I have noise, let me tell ya. This poor fan has been around for awhile. It's one of the kind that stands on the floor.. Well, the fan has been dropped, knocked over, kicked over, etc. that it sounds like a little bird is stuck in there twirping. Now, it's not a constant twirp, it comes and goes which makes it kind of odd... Anyway, the Hubs has been wanting to throw out this thing forever, but I won't let him. I seriously am surprised that he hasn't done so behind my back already. The thing is hideous. So, I have agreed to throw it away on one condition... that I can get one of these cool retro/vintage fans. I've even agreed to scale down the size and just get a desk fan. I found a few at Target that I love, but I'm waiting cause they cost $69.99. After doing some searching on the internet, I have found out that apparently, they all cost that much! Maybe, I'll get one from the Birthday Fairy! Hint Hint Brent...

These first two are from Target. They don't have the brushed nickel one on the website, so you'll just have to use your imagination.


This one is by Hunter, 10", white/nickel = $69.99, www.target.com


This one is by Hunter, 10" red/nickel = $69.99, www.target.com


This one I found on another website. Mink Air, 10", brushed nickel = $69.99, www.lampsplus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment