Monday, August 10, 2009

"Home Made" Chalkboard

Here is my "home made" chalkboard. I say "home made" because I bought the cute mirror at Wal-Mart for only $5.00. They had this size and the long size, but this size works best for what I want to use it for.

All I did was put the blue painter tape around the frame so I wouldn't get the chalkboard paint on the frame, which I found out is easier said than done...

You can't really tell since the tape is pretty much the same color as the frame, but I swear it's there :) NOTICE: Cute Coco in the mirror reflections. Isn't she a cutie?!
After that, I sprayed the mirror with the chalkboard paint that I picked up from Sutherlands. Apparently, around here there has been a run on chalkboard paint considering it took me several different trips to find it! So, here is the finished product! I love it and it will look awesome at the new crib, wherever it may be! Hopefully, it will be on South S with a cool sunroom.

Sorry for the crap pictures, but I'm still without an actual camera and I'm using my cell phone to take pictures. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer....

2 comments:

  1. I love it! We are going to do a little section in each child's room for a chalk board with that cool paint!

    I think you just put another idea in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WARNING! This is addicting. I want to spray everything with chalkboard paint now! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete