Monday, August 31, 2009

GLASS JUG TABLE LAMP

I love Pottery Barn, but unfortunately for me, they are a bit pricey. I was checking out the website over the weekend, www.potterybarn.com, and came across this lamp.

I love it, but I DO NOT love the price of $99.00. I was thinking... I bet I could make one of these myself and spend WAY LESS MONEY! And boy was I surprised when I cam across this DIY project on how to make just a thing, www.diyideas.com

It's a tad different, but pretty much the same concept. The good thing is, I found a clear jug at Hobby Lobby, the bad thing is it's a bit larger than what I want... So, I'm going to keep my eyes peeled and use that as my backup. Here are some tips from diyideas.com on creating this bad boy:

Simple and elegant, this is a great project for beginners and super speedy to boot. Secondhand stores are brimming with pretty bottles. Find a pretty translucent bottle and an appropriately sized shade to match. Use a bottle light adapter kit (available at most hardware stores) with a simple cork fitting. Voila! A new lamp without drilling even one hole.
Now, I'm assuming they are just letting the cord hang out the back?? I wouldn't want to do that, so therefor, I would drill a hole for the cord.

I'll Keep Ya Posted!


2 comments:

  1. Your to funny. I think you should start making these and selling them on Ebay as a second job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just might. Who knows, I might get RICH!

    ReplyDelete