Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Update

So, it's Tuesday and I thought I would finally show you the items I purchased over the weekend. Now keep in mind that two of these purchases came from an Antique store right here in Greenwood NOT Bargains Galore on 64. I just want to say that I hope those people who took the time to drag all of their stuff out to sell had a hell of a time taking it all back home. I thought the purpose of a "garage sale" was to get rid of the things you have sitting around the house and no longer need, but enough of that.


This is the item that I bought at Bargains Galore on 64. I'm not real sure what it is or what I will do with it. I thought of painting it obviously (not sure what color yet) and maybe putting some candles in it... I don't really know, but you'll be the first to know after I do! HA!! I only paid $3.00 and I got the 3rd degree from my husband because I didn't try to talk them down on the price. Obviously, I'm not a very good "Junker".


I found the magazine rack in an antique store in Greenwood and I paid like $9.00 for it. It's painted flat black which I do not like, so you know me, I will be painting this another color as well! **Notice all of the River Valley Real Estate and Home Magazines**



This stool I found in the same antique store for only $5.00. It's kind of haggard and in need of some serious TLC and that is where I come in. I plan on giving it a good sanding and painting and using it as a plant stand. It sure would look good out in a sunroom...

AND I thought I would share these cute pictures with you. I was on my way to my car this morning to go to work and I saw this sitting in my driveway. I just had to take a couple of pictures and place it in my garden. Unfortunately, the little "guy" didn't decide to make my garden his new home. The one thing I DO love about my house is you never know what you are going to find outside my house. I have came across so far: Lizards, the giant bat moth, the "lobster" that showed up in my driveway, the giant spider, the tree frog and baby birds. Who knows what else is out there. Just in case you can't tell from the crappy cell phone pictures, it is a baby turtle. I hope it puts a smile on your face like it did mine today.




No comments:

Post a Comment